Ice Skating in Millennium Park, representing the Winter Workouts program, is provided at the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink from November through March, weather permitting. Free ice skating lessons are offered each weekend, as well as during Chicago Public Schools winter break and on selected winter public holidays.
Admission: Skating is FREE and open to the public for those skating with their own skates. You will need to pick up a free admission wristband at the rink. For those without skates, rental options are offered.
Skate Rentals & Sharpening:
- Skates in toddler 8 to adult 13 sizes are available
- $13 skate rental Monday–Thursday
- $15 skate rental Friday–Sunday and holidays listed here
- $10 skate aide rental (for new skaters under 42 inches tall)
- $9 skate sharpening
- Coin-operated locker rentals are available for $1 (4 quarters)
Regular Hours (weather permitting):
- Mondays–Thursdays, noon–8 pm
- Fridays, noon–10 pm (ice skating lesson at 11 am)
- Saturdays & Sundays, 10 am–9 pm (ice skating lesson at 9 am)
Please check the City of Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) Millennium Park website HERE for details on skating rules & regulations, lessons, holiday hours and ice resurfacing times.
Ice Rink DJ Nights
DJs spin music while skaters spin on the ice on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 6–8 pm (December 5 & 19, January 2 & 16, February 6 & 20, March 5). Admission is FREE. Skate rental rates apply.
DJ Nights are supported by the Millennium Park Foundation.
For information on private skating event options, please contact the Millennium Park Private Events staff here.
Ice rink rentals and services provided directly by Rink Management Services. Please contact them directly for any problems related to skate rentals, fees, job opportunities, or questions related to employment at the rink at (804) 550-7002.
Support for the Winter Workouts program provided by McDonald’s Active Lifestyles Endowment, managed by the Millennium Park Foundation.